TATTOO AFTERCARE - DO'S AND DON'TS
If you want your new tattoo looking vivid and feeling healthy, follow this list of do's and don'ts for best tattoo aftercare practices.
After long planning and saving, you’ve finally got the tattoo you always wanted.
You’re probably going to want to admire your new tattoo and take pictures for the world to see. But wait! At this moment, your healing process beginns. Your skin is a vivid organism, and your tattoo is a wound. And you are looking after your wound, is that correct? It is only up to you how your tattoo is going to heal. Since new tattoos are open wounds, caring for them is not only essential to its aesthetic but also your health. Many experience infection, swelling, inflammation or other symptoms due to negligence or lack of proper information. Taking care of your new tattoo is a pretty simple and straightforward process. Keeping the area clean and moisturized is paramount to success.
Not all tattoos require identical care; some are easier to maintain and some are a little more complex. This will mostley depend on the type of a tattoo; a small tattoo that consists mostly of lines will heal much faster and is easier to maintain than a larger tattoo that is filled with color, then your skin type and general condition of your body (people with strong immunity heal wounds faster) and the position on the body where is your tattoo (tattoos on the folds need a little more attention).
Follow these tattoo aftercare do’s and don’ts for a healthy healing process.
- Choose a good and trustworthy tattoo artist who works in a quality and hygienic studio.
- Follow the detailed instructions of your tattoo artist that you received after finishing the tattoo.
- Treat your tattoo as a superficial wound on the skin.
- Use tattoo cleanser or fragrance-free, mild soap to clean your fresh tattoo.
- After cleaning your tattoo, aply thin layer of Mr.Ink tattoo aftercare (3-5 times a day).
- Let your tattoo breathe to help with healing.
- Go see a doctor if you find the pain is getting worse.
- Don’t expose your tattoo to direct sunlight.
- Don’t heavily exercise the first 48 hours after getting tattooed.
- Don’t pick, rub, or scratch at your tattoo.
- Don’t swim or soak in a bathtub until your tattoo is completely healed.
- Don’t use a washcloth or loofah to wash your tattoo, just use your hands.
With Mr.Ink tattoo aftercare you can enjoy the following healing days, beacuse with Mr.Ink - you get the best version of your tattoo!